The 75cl Frugal Bottle is made from 94% recycled paperboard with a food-grade liner to hold the wine.
The Frugal Bottle, which is comparable in cost to a labelled glass bottle, is the brainchild of British sustainable packaging firm Frugalpac, which creates and supplies recycled paper-based products with the lowest carbon footprint that are easily recycled again so they don’t need to go to landfill. We at Cantina Goccia are very committed to developing and using sustainable packaging and have worked very closely with Frugalpac in the development of this bottle and are the first winery in the world to use this packaging for our wine.
The reasons why we believe the Frugal Bottle is unique.
- It’s lighter. The Frugal Bottle weighs just 83g so it is up to five times lighter than a normal glass bottle, making it easier to carry and lighter to transport.
- It’s better for the environment. An independent Life Cycle Analysis by Intertek found the Frugal Bottle, which is made from recycled paperboard with no chemicals, has a carbon footprint up to six and half times (84%) lower than a glass bottle and more than a third less than a bottle made from 100% recycled plastic.
- It’s easy to recycle again. Simply separate the plastic food-grade liner from the paper bottle and put them in your respective recycling bins. Or you can put the whole bottle in your paper recycling bin and the liner will be easily separated in the paper re-pulping process.
- It uses less plastic than a plastic bottle. The Frugal Bottle uses up to 77% less plastic. Only 15g compared to a 64g bottle made from 100% recycled plastic.
- It stands out. As the Frugal Bottle is made from recycled paperboard, it allows for 360-degree branding across the bottle.
This is an unwooded Sangiovese with a hint of Merlot and Cabernet delivering a characteristic Umbrian red which is fresh, accessible and lighter in style. The wine is balanced with beautiful red and black fruit and a hint of dark chocolate.
|| 0.50 g/l
|| 5.60 g/l